The Associate Consultant – Forecasting is responsible for developing, delivering, and maintaining forecasts (patient-based, TRx-based, etc.) and business insights for PharmaACE’s clients.
The Associate Consultant will work with clients in forecasting, market research, market access and other cross-functional teams. You will need to leverage your quantitative and qualitative skills to not only create and analyze number-driven models, but creatively develop methods/approaches and deliver the story as well – this needs to be accomplished through a combination of analyzing client-provided data and secondary desk research. Experience with IQVIA or Symphony data (e.g. Xponent, DDD) is required. Working knowledge of patient-level data is a plus.
Project management and execution:
- Play an integral role in executing analytics/consulting engagements through effective and efficient project management.
- Generate forecasts, analysis and actionable insights that lead to the achievement of strategic and financial goals for our clients.
- Manage and coordinate complex consulting engagements through strong client and people management, subject matter expertise, communication skills (both written and verbal), and the ability to draw conclusions and recommendations from a variety of evidence.
- Operate effectively as part of a global team, by participating and contributing to client discussions and proactively helping them with their decisions in creating and/or validating assumptions.
- Provide robust competitive assessments and insights that inform key decision-making processes for clients such as strategic brand planning, forecasting, and lifecycle management.
- Perform in-depth (secondary) market research and data analysis to derive understanding of the disease and patient segments based on client requirements.
- Analyze and integrate primary research and secondary data with other market knowledge to draw inferences and conclusions.
- Identify risks and opportunities for the business and support key decisions on business strategy with customer and market insights.
- Leverage all relevant data such as DRG/IQVIA to provide insights into forecast assumptions.
- Forge effective relationships with various stakeholders (both internal and external), e.g. teams running Market Research initiatives.
- Ensure effective delivery of work (models and presentations) to clients onsite or through video/teleconferences, through self and others in accordance with the project timelines and quality parameters.
- Convert Excel models into presentable reports and PowerPoint slides for effective utilization by clients, focusing on the storyboarding and narrative.
- Bachelors/Masters in Pharma / other life sciences background (Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, etc.) or Bachelors in Engineering / B.Tech or Masters in Business administration.
- 1-2 years of relevant forecasting and commercial analytics experience. Experience building financial models (e.g., market sizing, sales, and profit forecasts) using Microsoft Excel and other tools.
- In-depth expertise in developing, implementing, and managing holistic strategies for modelling (design, development, validation, calibration, documentation, approval, implementation, monitoring and reporting) in collaboration with life sciences teams.
- Broad experience in key functional areas of CI, analytics, and market research including the ability to understand and identify key business levers.
- Strong strategic skills including ability to see the big picture, along with conceptual and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Work experience in the US/European pharma industry is a plus.
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities.
- Proven people management skills.
- Entrepreneurial orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Innovative and collaborative behaviour, team player.
- Customer centricity and paying attention to details.