As a Sr Consultant, you will be responsible for the Epi projects handled by you and your team.
You will help mentor and guide the analysts in your team so that project quality and timelines are met. You will also be working with stakeholders and might be in a client-facing role, depending on the project. The epidemiology reports will be used in various projects across the spectrum of analytics such as forecasting, market sizing, market assessment, disease area landscaping, opportunity assessments etc.
- The epidemiology reports will be used in various projects across the spectrum of analytics such as forecasting, market sizing, market assessment, disease area landscaping, opportunity assessments etc.
- Manage projects from concept through delivery to clients
- Develop and expand partnerships with existing clients; understand their needs and deliver solutions, both within Epidemiology and beyond
- Lead and contribute to Thought Leadership initiatives to support the business
- Provide strategic epidemiology support, data and insights throughout various stages of drug cycle to meet functional needs across global, regional and affiliate teams
- Make recommendations to related project teams as and when needed
- Reviewing and providing relevant epidemiological and project-specific comments to statistical analysis plans and analysis output.
- Develop methodologies, checklists and project framework based on client requirement
- Build QC checklists, identify & implement logical checkpoints to ensure quality and accuracy of data
- Conduct statistical analysis as and when needed
- Ability to perform independently as well as a team
- Mentor juniors
- Implements steps to optimize team performance
- Manage time and resources to meet client deliverable deadlines
- Actively participating in client-facing project meetings
- Generate & validate target patient population reports with the stakeholders
- Conduct extensive secondary research to find epidemiology assumptions based on research available in public domain, identify key findings and trends within different therapeutic areas
- Conduct critical analysis and evaluation of epidemiology studies, including study quality
- Should be able work on market and epidemiology assessment, pipeline analysis and market research, forecasting pipeline products
- Lead alignment discussions of epidemiological data and assumptions across business teams and affiliates
- Has a sound understanding of how to choose the most well-suited reports, based on targeted population, recency of report, population sample’s inclusion and exclusion criteria etc.
- Ability to test, counter question and validate epidemiology reports and patient pools from other sources, with the objective of being double sure and foolproof
- Proactively track, update and inform related project teams in case of any changes due to new market events, newly published data etc.
- Ability to develop quantitative epidemiological models from published and/or registry data, resulting in an estimation of current and future potential patient populations, based on project needs
- Assess the impact of future clinical, environmental or market changes on patient populations.
- Collect and analyze data on patient demographics, medical conditions, level of severity, and other conditions.
- Extract relevant information from large databases (e.g. National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, SEER, etc.).
- Work closely with project teams to ensure timely delivery of projects
- Validate and cross check epi estimates using data triangulation and other statistical methods as needed
- 4-5 years of relevant experience as an epidemiologist
- MPH, MSc or PhD (or an equivalent degree) in epidemiology, public health or a directly related discipline
- Post-graduate work experience ideally in Pharmacoepidemiology research
- Experience in designing and executing prospective or retrospective epidemiological studies
- Experience in patient population sizing, forecasting, and modelling across multiple therapy areas is essential
- Experience with key epidemiological information resources (e.g., cancer registries, hospital discharge databases)
- Experience with real-world data (e.g., claims, EHR)
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and objectively
- Good inter-personal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong consulting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Business sense and good eye for detail
- Flexibility in terms of approach and availability to cater to client needs
Desired Qualifications, not mandatory, but would be an additional advantage:
- Prior experience in a well-established pharma consulting company
- Experience in working with complex data sets (e.g., SQL, python) and database management