The Senior Manager, Market Research is responsible for leading, integrating and translating market research insights into opportunities and strategies that shape decisions and drive organizational action for our client’s business activities. The position requires leveraging insights from multiple key stakeholders including but not limited to patients, physicians, other HCPs and payers to inform and shape critical strategies and decisions. The ideal candidate must be passionate about market research and excited to work in a fast-paced environment. This position may be onsite with a client or remote depending upon the situation.
- Conduct both primary (qualitative and quantitative) and secondary market research
- Identify appropriate research targets, prepare market research testing materials
- Lead/direct outsourced resources in a variety of research
- Manage project timelines, data analysis and the development of reports with actionable business insights
- Demonstrate the ability to execute multiple projects
- Seek opportunities to continuously improve processes, quality and efficiencies is critical
- Demonstrate flexibility and customization of your approach to research
- Triangulate multiple sources including market research and other secondary data to identify opportunities and strategies that shape decisions and drive organizational actions
- Provide analyses that go beyond a presentation of data and include a discussion of the business implications and recommended course of action
- Must have comfort with data analytics as well as the ability to leverage analytical tools and techniques
Leadership and Collaboration
- Collaborate with clients to clearly understand key business questions and research objectives to design and implement research initiatives
- Proactively collaborate with key client partners to accomplish project goals and objectives
- Ability to effectively work with and motivate the off-shore support team.
- Education: BA/BS required; Master’s (or other advanced degree) in a related area such as an MBA or MMR (Masters of Marketing Research) is preferred. Scientific or clinical background highly desired.
- Experience: A minimum of 7+ years of relevant business experience required. 3-5 years’ experience in a market research or analytics role is required. Pharmaceutical or medical device industry knowledge and experience is preferred.
- Preferred Skills: Ability to integrate and leverage insights, communicate insights to multiple audiences and extensive knowledge of market research qualitative and quantitative methodologies. Ideally, the candidate will also have the ability to integrate secondary data analysis into business assessments