The Engagement Manager – Forecasting is responsible for developing, delivering, and maintaining forecasts (patient-based, TRx-based, etc.) and business insights for PharmaACE’s clients.
The Engagement Manager will work with clients in forecasting, market research, market access and other cross-functional teams. The position involves managing client relationships and directly interacting with and presenting to client stakeholders. You will need to leverage your quantitative and qualitative skills to not only create and analyze number-driven models, but creatively develop methods/approaches and deliver the story as well – this needs to be accomplished through a combination of analyzing client-provided data and secondary desk research. Experience with IQVIA or Symphony data (e.g. Xponent, DDD) is required. Working knowledge of patient-level data is a plus.
Project management and execution:
- Play an integral role in executing analytics/consulting engagements through effective and efficient project management.
- Generate forecasts, analysis and actionable insights that lead to the achievement of strategic and financial goals for our clients.
- Manage and coordinate complex consulting engagements through strong client and people management, subject matter expertise, communication skills (both written and verbal), and the ability to draw conclusions and recommendations from a variety of evidence.
- Operate effectively as part of a global team, by participating and contributing to client discussions and proactively helping them with their decisions in creating and/or validating assumptions.
- Provide robust competitive assessments and insights that inform key decision-making processes for clients such as strategic brand planning, forecasting, and lifecycle management.
- Perform in-depth (secondary) market research and data analysis to derive understanding of the disease and patient segments based on client requirements.
- Analyze and integrate primary research and secondary data with other market knowledge to draw inferences and conclusions.
- Identify risks and opportunities for the business and support key decisions on business strategy with customer and market insights.
- Leverage all relevant data such as DRG/IQVIA to provide insights into forecast assumptions.
- Forge effective relationships with various stakeholders (both internal and external), e.g. teams running Market Research initiatives.
- Ensure effective delivery of work (models and presentations) to clients onsite or through video/teleconferences, through self and others in accordance with the project timelines and quality parameters.
- Convert Excel models into presentable reports and PowerPoint slides for effective utilization by clients, focusing on the storyboarding and narrative.
- Will be responsible for overall leadership, talent development, skill advancement, and engagement and retention of talent in the team (in case acting in the capacity of a team lead).
- Foster learning mindset in the team to proactively develop research and story-telling skills, leveraging multiple sources of data to answer business questions.
- Develop new capabilities leveraging new sources of data and methods that include segment-level analysis, etc.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to build effective relationships to create win-win engagement models.
- Mentor/Guide team members who can benefit from your expertise and experience.
- Bachelors/Masters in Pharma / other life sciences background (Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, etc.) or Bachelors in Engineering / B.Tech or Masters in Business administration.
- 8+ years of relevant forecasting and commercial analytics experience. Experience building financial models (e.g., market sizing, sales, and profit forecasts) using Microsoft Excel and other tools.
- In-depth expertise in developing, implementing, and managing holistic strategies for modelling (design, development, validation, calibration, documentation, approval, implementation, monitoring and reporting) in collaboration with life sciences teams.
- Broad experience in key functional areas of CI, analytics, and market research including the ability to understand and identify key business levers.
- Strong strategic skills including ability to see the big picture, along with conceptual and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Work experience in the US/European pharma industry is a plus.
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities.
- Proven people management skills.
- Entrepreneurial orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Innovative and collaborative behaviour, team player.
- Customer centricity and paying attention to details.